Are you going to Jakarta, Bandung, Bali, Lombok, Yogyakarta or anywhere in Indonesia?
Rendang is everywhere here!!
Most of you perhaps already see and recognize Rendang, the yummy beefy and sticky dish. Yup, the world’s most delicious food is HERE, in this tropical country!
Rendang is known as a menu from Padang, West Sumatra. However, when you visit Indonesia, don’t be surprised to find this Indonesian food everywhere.
There are thousands, or even millions of RUMAH MAKAN PADANG established throughout the country.
Just like Viking, or whoever groups of people who love expansion. Padang people did the same thing, broaden their culinary business everywhere, even those thousand miles away from their hometown.
Even some Padangnese establish their restaurants throughout the world! See this link
Rendang is one of the most favorite menu, but there are still other popular Indonesian food like Dendeng Balado, Gulai Kepala Kakap, Ikan Goreng/ Bakar, and more.
Here is the Rendang Recipe you can try to cook at your kitchen
The Beef Recipe
- 500 gr fresh beef, slice into 12 parts
- 2 turmeric leaves
- 2 lime leaves
- 2 lemongrass, crush
- 1 anise
- 2 tablespoon coconut flake, saute
- 1000-1500 ml coconut milk from 2 coconuts
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 10 shallots
- 6 garlics
- 150 grams red chilli
- 5 candlenut
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cm turmeric
- 1 cm ginger
How to Cook
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, saute the spices, turmeric leaves, lime leaves, lemongrass and anise till tender and smell good.
- Put the beef, stir well untuk the color changes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, add the coconut flakes, and cook in medium heat until shimmering, slowly stir well.
- Set to the low heat, and cook until the beef tender, oily and dark brown.
- Serve warm.
Now you already know Rendang, one of the most popular Indonesian food and how to cook it. Kindly share this article if it is helpful.
Have a great, fun cooking!